Starting a business
You have a fantastic idea and now you want help to turn it into a business.
Take a look at the list below to give your business idea the best possible chance of succeeding.
- Research your market - identify potential customers. Talk to them and find out if your idea is meeting a real need. Click here for more information
- Develop and plan - test your product or service with real customers, make changes, and test it again. Keep doing this until you’re sure there’s a demand for it. Click here for more information
- Find partners and suppliers - think about who you’re going to work with to develop and sell your idea. Click here for more information
- Set up your business - work out which legal structure is right for you, and register for tax. Click here for more information
- Get funding - explore different sources of business finance, from bank loans to government-backed schemes. Click here for more information
You might be able to get support and financial help from Jobcentre Plus if you’re unemployed.
If you would like to speak to someone regarding starting your own business, email your contact details to: email@example.com