Hinkley Supply Chain Programme
The Hinkley Supply Chain Programme (HSCP) is delivered by a consortium made of up SWMAS Ltd, Somerset Chamber of Commerce and BusinessWest. The HSCP is a collection of private and public sector offerings delivered by the Hinkley Supply Chain Team (HSCT) and provides a single point of entry to a wide and growing group of services aimed at helping local businesses to understand, prepare for and win business with HPC supply chains.
There are four components within the Hinkley Supply Chain Programme :
- SME Business Support Service – supporting local SMEs to prepare for and win business relating to the HPC project and wider nuclear opportunities;
- NSW Inward Investment Service – supporting foreign firms and those from outside the SW to locate and grow their operations in the area;
- Somerset Energy Innovation Centre – 30,000 square feet of prime office, meeting and networking space located in Bridgwater. The SEIC provides serviced offices and dedicated desk space to firms at all levels in energy supply chains and works to encourage larger firms to engage with and procure goods and services from local suppliers; and
- Private Sector Support – the HSCT work with a wide and growing array of private sector services and providers and manage the interfaces with these to ensure a comprehensive, effective and easy to access service.
We work closely with EDF Energy, their key suppliers for HPC and with both private and public sector organisations through Nuclear South West, the region’s nuclear cluster, to continuously understand and communicate the opportunities and barriers for businesses wishing to access the project. The Hinkley Supply Chain Programme brings together information and resources in a way which is easy to understand and access for businesses. Some of the key benefits include:
- We provide you with access to the latest Information on the HPC project including news, events and project updates;
- You will have improved visibility of the opportunities available through the HPC supply chain and details of individual work packages;
- We offer access to industry experts and business improvement resources through a variety of workshops and events;
- We will connect you with specialist support to develop capability and capacity to supply HPC and for wider business growth; and
- We work in the background to understand customer requirements and to provide them with information on the capabilities of businesses registered with the programme. This increases the probability of a business being matched with individual opportunities and being contacted by potential customers.