Before you can start operating certain types of businesses you must obtain a licence. Your local authority’s licensing team can signpost you to the licences that are relevant to your specific type of business. They can also provide you with advice and support to take the headache out of your licencing applications, and help you get it right first time.
A full list of licences can be found on your local authority’s website or on www.gov.uk.
How they can help your business?
- Pre-application advice - saving you time: applications can delay due to basic errors
- Application assistance - save you money: they will help to ensure the process will not need to be re-started. You will avoid incurring extra costs for re-submissions
- Give you peace of mind: they will make sure your application is completed correctly by making sure you only apply for what you need and ensure your licence is fit for purpose
- Check and send - giving you security: they will ensure your application is submitted and depending on the type of application, served on the relevant responsible authorities
Schemes you might want to know about
- Pre-application advice scheme (these would be direct links to schemes ran by the relevant LA)
- Local traffic light scheme for licensed premises (another NSC example)