Supplying the public
A guide to public procurement from North Somerset Council
North Somerset Council is the local authority of North Somerset. It is a unitary authority, possessing the powers of both a non-metropolitan county and district council combined. There are two parliamentary constituencies in the North Somerset boundary the North Somerset constituency and the Weston-super-Mare constituency.
The main settlements are Weston-super-Mare and three smaller towns of Clevedon, Nailsea and Portishead.
North Somerset Council provides a full range of local government services including highways, social services, children services, planning, parks and open spaces, waste collection and disposal, property maintenance and the council is also a local education authority. It has a population of around 206,100. North Somerset borders the local government areas of Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, Mendip and Sedgemoor.
As a contracting authority, we spend around £160 million per annum on various works, goods and services to bring benefits to the area and its residents. The council operates out of the Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare and Castlewood, Clevedon.
Links to support procurement from North Somerset Council
- North Somerset Council’s e-procurement portal:
- North Somerset Council’s Economic Development’s website:
- North Somerset Council’s Contracts Register:
- North Somerset Council’s social value policy:
- North Somerset Council’s local supply policy:
- To contact the North Somerset Council Strategic Procurement Service please email: