Social & Community Capital
A helping hand from NatWest for community business, charities or social enterprises
NatWest are committed to supporting social and community enterprises. Between 2012 and 2015 They've funded 25 social ventures through NatWest Social & Community Capital.
As a community venture, you can make a big positive impact. But sometimes it’s difficult to get the finance you need to grow. Maybe you need funding to get off the ground. Perhaps you need the networks or supply chains to grow and evolve. NatWest are there to support social enterprises at every stage of the journey, from starting up to expanding your impact on the world.
Investing in communities
NatWest has £10 million to help social ventures that don’t qualify for mainstream loans. Organisations can get funding from £30,000 up to £750,000 depending on what they do. Loans can be tailored to specific business requirements, offer flexible terms and there’s no deadline, so organisations can apply all year round.
To apply your organisation needs to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You’re financially sustainable with social or environmental aims reinvesting profits to deliver a positive impact
- An established third sector organisation located and trading in the UK
- You’re investment ready in terms of management, governance and financial position
- You can demonstrate a sustainable business model and capacity to service the borrowing
- You’re not eligible for mainstream funding from banks
- You’re not insolvent or at risk of insolvency
Security may be required. Product fees may apply. Over 18s only.