IP for Business - IP for Business tools - Intellectual Property Office
A range of online tools to help you protect IP
IP for Business from the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) is a range of online tools designed to help you understand, identify, protect and exploit your IP assets to their fullest potential. Whether you’re a complete novice or looking to brush up on existing skills, they have the right tool for you.
It’s important to identify and protect your IP early on, but if you’re new to the subject, where do you start? The following tools are designed to help you understand and expand your knowledge:
- What is it? A free, interactive online learning tool to help you identify assets which may be protected by IP rights. Made up of four modules on the main IP rights, it takes around an hour to complete and is also CPD accredited.
- Who is it for? Everyone, from small business owners to professional advisors.
- What is it? A free online assessment of your business to help you identify and add value to your IP assets. Based on your answers to a series of simple questions, it provides a confidential report with advice on how to protect your IP.
- Who is it for? Businesses looking for a more detailed look at their IP.
- What is it? A specialist course for business professionals. It will help you develop an in-depth understanding of IP and practical skills you can use in a business environment. Can be completed in a classroom (face-to-face) setting or online.
- Who is it for? Professionals looking for a comprehensive course in IP.
IP Equip App
- What is it? Perfect for accessing simple IP information on the go, the app gives you an overview of IP rights and how to make the most of them. Free to download on Apple iOS and Android devices.
- Who is it for? Anyone who wants instant access to IP information.