Food and Drink Ready to Export Workshop - Weston
British food and drink has a reputation for quality and provenance around the world. Export Essentials Food and Drink Workshop is aimed at companies in the South West region who are either new or novice to Exporting.
It will cover the important elements to consider when exporting for the first time, helping Food and Drink businesses to prepare their products for the international market. By the end of the workshop, you will have gained an insight into how to develop an action plan that will help you decide whether export is a strategic step for your company as well as steps you might need to take to start your Export Journey.
During this interactive one day export workshop, expert facilitators will take you through the most important export topics in a series of separate sessions enabling you to:
- Hear food and drink export success stories and understand what it takes to win new business overseas
- Build confidence and the capability to export
- Clarify and set realistic export goals
- Develop an understanding of the key areas for business and personal development within international trade
- Critically reflect on and examine your export readiness and identify any weaknesses that need to be addressed
- Learn about the Export For Growth key services and how they can help you with your export plans
- Begin to create a solid 6-12 month action plan for export growth
The action plan that you create during this one day course will potentially form the basis for follow up support from the Department for International Trade with an International Trade Adviser.
Who is this event for?
We invite local food and drink businesses who are new to exporting to this workshop. To be eligible for this workshop and any subsequent support from the Export for Growth project, your business must meet the following criteria:
- Have a registered business address located in the South West of England
- Be an SME (small or medium sized enterprise)
Your business also cannot be:
- Trading in the following sectors: fisheries and agriculture, coal and steel, manufacture of synthetic fibres, shipbuilding, energy generation, transport, banking, insurance or distribution
- An owner of 25% or more in another company, or another company owns 25% or more of this business
Regrettably, we are unable to accept intermediaries or service providers.