Before you start operating you may need a licence to carry out certain aspects of your business.
Your local authority’s licensing team can offer guidance on which licences your business requires along with advice and support regarding making an application.
Contacting your local licencing team could save you time and money by:
- Confirming which licences you need and that they’re fit for purpose
- Advising on what needs to go into your application.
- Checking your application is correct and will not need resubmitting.
- Ensuring your application is submitted to the relevant responsible authorities
To give you an idea of which licences you may need in the following areas, click here, and then click ‘choose your area of interest’.
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing
- Arts, sports and recreation
- Catering and accommodation
- Health and social care services
- IT and telecommunications services
- Media and creative services
- Mining, energy and utilities
- Personal services
- Professional and business services
- Retail, hire and repair
Your local authority’s licencing website can be found here: