Fire and safety
Fire safety advice
Avon Fire & Rescue service provide emergency and protection services to the communities of Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
While firefighting has traditionally been at the forefront of their work, the role of a modern fire and rescue services has increased to cover the core functions of preventing, protecting and responding.
A suitable and sufficient fire risk assessment must cover the following areas:
- Measures to reduce the risk of fire breaking out or spreading on the premises;
- Means of escape from the premises
- Measures for ensuring that the means of escape can be safely and effectively used at all times;
- Means for fighting fires on the premises
- Means for detecting fire and giving warning in case of fire on the premises
- Arrangements for action to be taken in the event of a fire, including the instruction and training of employees, plus measures to minimise the effects of the fire
Technical Fire Safety team provide advice and support to ensure businesses comply with the Regulatory Reform ‘Fire Safety Order’ 2005, which they also enforce.
Advice you might want to know about
To access local information on Fire and Safety please visit you local council. Details can be found through the Hub.