As a scale-up business founder or employee, it’s hard to keep on top of all the different initiatives that exist. The Scale-up Institute has spent some time surveying and analysing the significant challenges for scale-up businesses.
They have identified the following priority areas:
- Skills and Talent – attracting, recruiting and retaining the right people, and building the social and technical skills of the workforce.
- Access to Markets – developing UK and international markets both with the public and private sector which can be challenging particularly due to complex bidding processes and lack of connections.
- Building Leadership Capacity – building connections to others who have been successful before including peer to peer support, advice re. Board development, mentors & Non-Exec Directors.
- Access to Finance – understanding the options and implications of taking different types of finance; finding the right balance of bank and equity finance to facilitate growth.
- Infrastructure – availability of office and workshop space with the flexibility to grow; access to suitable technology and network support.
Does my business qualify? – Information regarding the West of England’s Scale-up criteria
How are Scale-up businesses supported? – Information on the support process that all Scale-up businesses receive.
email@example.com - email Briony Phillips for more information on the Scale-up initiative.