Request an application pack here. You will be able to apply for up to £15,000 per business to pay for 40-80% of the eligible capital costs. A free Decarbonisation Report will be provided to help you identify energy saving improvements.
What's the money used for?
In our first round of grants, we helped local businesses install:
- LED lighting and better lighting controls,
- solar film to reduce overheating and air con use in summer,
- more efficient heating and better controls,
- insulation to walls and roofs, and
- air compressors and variable speed drives to improve the efficiency of manufacturing and processing equipment.
There is a total grant pot of £1.7m. The West of England Combined Authority has already allocated over £200,000 Green Business Grants to 23 SMEs, with an average grant award of £8,000. This will save each business an annual average of 8 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions and £1,590 from their energy bills.
How much will I get?
Grants up to £15,000 will be made available to small & medium sized enterprises in the West of England to pay for 40-80% of eligible costs, depending on your business’ size, location and project.
We'll provide you with a free carbon survey and report as part of the Green Business Grant process. This independent carbon report will help you not only apply for a Green Business Grant, but also help you incorporate sustainability measures in future business plans.
How will a Green Business Grant help my business?
Green Business Grants can be used for capital works and purchases to improve the energy efficiency of buildings and business operations. Potential projects include LED lighting, air source heat pumps, solar thermal, wall and roof insulation, variable speed drives, air compressors, induction cooking and solar PV. A grant could help you:
- avoid harmful emissions that contribute to climate change,
- reduce your energy bills and lower maintenance costs,
- make your buildings healthier for your employees,
- improve your green credentials with customers and contractors,
- access cutting edge low carbon technologies, and
- actively support the local supply chain for energy efficiency goods and services.
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply for a grant you must be:
- a small & medium sized enterprise – with fewer than 250 employees AND a turnover of equal to or less than €50m OR a balance sheet of equal to or less than €43m (including any partnership your organisation is a part of or any linked enterprises),
- based in the West of England region – located in Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire local authority area. Check your postcode here,
- VAT registered, and
- content to be credit checked by a third-party credit reference agency.
Green Business Grants are funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the West of England Combined Authority's Recovery Fund.
The project has received £1.4m of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. More information is available here.