- Creative Business Grants
- Creative Freelancer Grants
- Cultural and Creative Business Support Programme
The business grants fund creative projects that support recovery and resilience, employ freelance creatives, engage local communities and advance diversity and inclusion.
Grants range from £5,000 to £10,000.
The grant fund gives creative freelancers the opportunity to become more resilient by delivering a project over a time period of up to 6 months that will develop their own creative product, practice or service, in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Grants range from £1,000 - £3,000.
The Cultural and Creative Business Support Programme is a sector specific business support programme designed to build resilience and support change in response to Covid-19, through support for individuals and management teams to reformulate operating and financial models and business plans.
Creative Scale Up programme
Creative Scale Up is a programme funded by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport. It aims to help creative businesses in the West of England access finance through an intensive sustainable growth support programme. Creative Scale Up engages regional and national investors and educates and encourages them to invest in our hot-bed of creative businesses. The programme runs until 2022, and each business on the programme will be part of a cohort receiving a minimum of six months intensive business support.
Companies will benefit from industry expert mentoring, grants to enable resilience and growth, plus peer-to-peer networking, workshops and investor pitching guidance.
Since its launch in January 2020, Creative Scale Up has supported over 60 businesses. Participants on previous cohorts include: Luke Jerram; Limina; Complete Control; Noiser; Cirque Bijou; Open Bionics; Upfest; Team Love and Blak Wave.
To find out more about previous cohorts you can watch the cohort launch videos below:
Am I eligible for Creative Scale Up?
Creative businesses that demonstrate a genuine ambition to grow, innovate and strengthen the local economy are eligible to apply.
To apply for the programme, your business needs to:
- Have a minimum of 8 employees, up to 4 of whom can be regular freelance staff
- Have scaled by 10% in the last year (turnover or employees)
- Have the ambition to grow by at least 20% over the next 3 years
- Be a Creative Industries business
- Have not received more than £200,000 in government funded business support in the last 2 years
- Be based in the West of England (Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire)
- Agree to participate in the activities and workshops of the programme.
How do I apply?
Applications for the next cohort will open later in 2021.
If you have any queries please e-mail CreativeScaleUp@WestofEngland-ca.gov.uk
If you are unable to contact us via email please call our Growth Hub team on 0117 456 6955.