What value of funding is available?
Grants are available from £1,500 - £6,000.
Your business will need to be able to provide a 20% match fund.
For example: if you receive a grant for £1,500, your business would need to match fund £375. A business applying for a grant for £6,000 would need to provide a match fund of £1,500.
The application window is now closed.
Due to a high level of applications to the scheme we have extended the assessment window. We will inform applicants of their application outcome week commencing 10 May 2021.
What can it be used for?
The fund supports businesses that have growth plans in place but need some help to get them off the ground. The grants can be used to help your business:
- Purchase new equipment, such as new IT equipment or machinery to produce a new product;
- Create new services, such as a new digital marketing strategy and the means of putting it in place, to sell a new product or business service;
- Adopt new processes or new ways of working, such as adaptations to your premises to accommodate a new production process or operation.
All projects should help to increase your outputs or turnover, support new operations or processes to create new employment opportunities or maintain employment.
What can’t it be used for?
The grant cannot be used to support or sustain existing business operations, such as overheads, outgoings or salaries, or standalone consultancy costs such as business mentoring.
Who is eligible?
The grants are open to:
- Businesses from all sectors;
- Businesses of varying sizes, from sole traders to established SMEs. There are no minimum turnover requirements or minimum employee numbers;
- This grant is only open to businesses that are a Small, Medium Enterprise (SME), so there is a maximum level of employment of 249 employees nationally;
- There is no requirement to have a business property;
- This fund can also be used as match funding against other grant or funding applications.
Businesses must be:
- Located and have a trading address in the West of England region – this means Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol or South Gloucestershire;
- Have at least one year of submitted accounts, and have been trading for no less than 12 months;
- Able to provide at least 20% match funding.