As in the UK, marketing your business could be expensive. It is important that you research you market thoroughly and identify the best media to reach your target demographic.
- Traditional media such as press, TV and radio could be expensive with a lot of wastage. Try and identify specialist and trade magazines as these are often less expensive and more targeted.
- Set up a website locally. People are more likely to buy if they perceive the company is local. If the website needs translating then ensure this is done locally as language changes and UK translations could be seen as ‘old fashioned’ and ‘stuffy.’ Bear in mind that some countries do not allow local domain names if they are hosted on servers outside the country.
- Social media is a good way to get started.
- Ensure that all social media is highly engaging and relevant.
- Allocate budget to ensure reach. Some social media companies charge you for reaching their audience. Spend more money at the beginning of your campaign to gain reach and encourage the audience to 'like' or 'follow' you.
- Ensure your social media ads contain up-to-date information and contact details.
When you advertise, make sure you have enough product to satisfy any demand. Do not be in the position of over-promising and under-delivering. When launching a brand in a new territory you need to build brand credibility and avoid any situation that risks damaging the brand.
There is more information on our Marketing pages
Export for Growth - Local exporting expertise from Business West.
Growth hub providers – help with exporting