The Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Scheme
The Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Scheme provides businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a cash grant of up to £25,000 per property.
Businesses in these sectors with a rateable value of under £15,000, will receive a grant of £10,000. Businesses with a rateable value of between £15,001 and £51,000, will receive a grant of £25,000.
Full government guidance for businesses on the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund is available here.
You are eligible for the grant if:
- your business is based in England
- your business is in the retail, hospitality and/or leisure sector
Properties that will benefit from the relief will be occupied properties that are wholly or mainly being used:
- as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- for assembly and leisure
- as hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation
Who will receive this funding?
- The person who according to the billing authority’s records was the ratepayer in respect of the property on the 11 March 2020.
- Where the Local Authority has reason to believe that the information that they hold about the ratepayer on the 11 March 2020 is inaccurate, they may withhold or recover the grant and take reasonable steps to identify the correct ratepayer. Local Authorities should make clear to recipients that the grant is for the ratepayer and may be liable for recovery if the recipient was not the ratepayer on the eligible day.
- Landlord and management agents are urged to support local government in quickly identifying the correct ratepayer.
If you’re an eligible business, your local council will contact you and provide details of how to claim. You can contact your local council business teams if you think you are eligible for a grant but have not yet received it: