Small Business Grant Funding
The government will provide a one-off grant of £10,000 to around 700,000 small businesses currently eligible for SBRR or Rural Rate Relief to help meet ongoing business costs.
If your business is eligible for SBRR or rural rate relief, you will be contacted by your local authority – you do not need to apply.
Funding for the scheme will be provided to our local authorities by government in early April and further information will be available shortly.
How to access this grant
Who will receive this funding?
- The person who according to the billing authority’s records was the ratepayer in respect of the property on the 11 March 2020.
- Where the Local Authority has reason to believe that the information that they hold about the ratepayer on the 11 March 2020 is inaccurate, they may withhold or recover the grant and take reasonable steps to identify the correct ratepayer. Local Authorities should make clear to recipients that the grant is for the ratepayer and may be liable for recovery if the recipient was not the ratepayer on the eligible day.
- Landlord and management agents are urged to support local government in quickly identifying the correct ratepayer.
Government information on business support measures can be found here and on the Business Support website here.
How to access the scheme
For further information on receiving this grant contact your local business rates team:
Bath & North East Somerset
Businesses in Bath & North East Somerset can find further information and apply for the grant here.
If you have any queries, please contact the team by email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information is available on the Invest in Bath website.
Please contact by email at: email@example.com or by telephone on 0117 922 3300.
Further information is available on the Bristol City Council website.
Businesses in North Somerset can find further information and apply for the Small Business Grant here.
For any queries, please contact by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following information in your email:
- business name (i.e. sole trader or limited company name),
- property address,
- company registration number (as registered with companies house),
- VAT registration number (if applicable),
- account details (bank account number, sort code, business account name),
- your business rates account reference (the number on the business rates bill beginning with 7000, or 06) and;
- a full contact name, number and email address.
Please contact by telephone on: 01454 867700
Further information can be found on the South Gloucestershire Council website here.
For further information on the full range of business support measures which have been made available to UK businesses, visit the Governments Coronavirus Business Support website.