Cash grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
The Retail and Hospitality Grant Scheme provides businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a cash grant of up to £25,000 per property.
Businesses in these sectors with a rateable value of under £15,000, will receive a grant of £10,000.
Businesses in these sectors with a rateable value of between £15,001 and £51,000, will receive a grant of £25,000.
You are eligible for the grant if:
- your business is based in England
- your business is in the retail, hospitality and/or leisure sector
Properties that will benefit from the relief will be occupied properties that are wholly or mainly being used:
- as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- for assembly and leisure
- as hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation
Who will receive this funding?
- The person who according to the billing authority’s records was the ratepayer in respect of the property on the 11 March 2020.
- Where the Local Authority has reason to believe that the information that they hold about the ratepayer on the 11 March 2020 is inaccurate, they may withhold or recover the grant and take reasonable steps to identify the correct ratepayer. Local Authorities should make clear to recipients that the grant is for the ratepayer and may be liable for recovery if the recipient was not the ratepayer on the eligible day.
- Landlord and management agents are urged to support local government in quickly identifying the correct ratepayer.
Government information on business support measures can be found here and on the Business Support website here.
How to access the scheme
For full information on receiving this grant in your area, contact your local business rates team:
Bath & North East Somerset
Businesses in Bath & North East Somerset can find further information and apply for the grant here.
If you have any queries, please contact the team by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information can be found on the Invest in Bath website.
Please contact by email at: email@example.com
Businesses in North Somerset can find further information and apply for the Grant here.
For queries, please contact by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact by telephone on: 01454 867700
Further information can be found on the South Gloucestershire Council website here.
For further information on the full range of business support measures which have been made available to UK businesses, visit the Governments Coronavirus Business Support website.