The West of England Growth Hub operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) processes, stores and utilises the personal information it holds in accordance with the Act.
The personal data provided to the West of England Growth Hub will be processed fairly and lawfully; it will be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes collected. The West of England Growth Hub will take all reasonable measures to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date; is kept for no longer than is necessary and that it is protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage and against unauthorised or unlawful processing. It will not be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedom of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
The personal data is used for the following purposes:
- Responding to enquiries and providing information - where a clients’ need is best delivered by a local West of England Growth Hub partner, following consent, data will be passed to the named partner for the specific purpose of responding to that need.
- Contract administration, performance monitoring and evaluation - personal data may be shared with NEPRO who are West of England Growth Hub Contract Managers.
- Communicating relevant information about West of England Growth Hub services by email, phone or post - we will only do so if permission has been given. Recipients may unsubscribe from these communications at any time by contacting the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership.
We may share or transfer the information in our database to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or our website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, re-organisation, dissolution or similar event.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on a user’s computer (or mobile device) that is created when a user visits a website using a program called a browser (for example Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari).
A cookie isn't a program itself and doesn't actively do anything on a user's computer. A cookie cannot be used to identify a user personally but they do contribute to improving a user's experience of a website.
A cookie simply allows the website to read the contents of the cookie text file. The text file itself simply contains a unique identifier code; the site name and some digits and numbers.
Why are Cookies used?
Cookies do lots of different jobs, such as:
- remembering what items a user may have added to a shopping basket or an itinerary as the user moves between pages on a website
- saving a user's preferences to allow them to customise a website
- measuring what users do on a website to ascertain which parts of a website are popular, how long they spend on a website, how often users return, where they come from etc
Cookies are set by this website (first party cookies) but may also be set by other websites (e.g. You Tube) that run content on the website’s pages (third party cookies).
Cookies can be set to remember a visitor for the duration of their visit (session cookies) or to remember a visitor for repeat visits (persistent cookies).
How do I disable cookies?
Each browser has different settings which allow a user to adjust their particular cookie permissions
For Internet Explorer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
For Firefox - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies
For Chrome - http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
For Safari (OS X) - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
For Safari (iOS) - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
For Android - http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
Updates to this Policy
Please note we may change information on this site and/or this policy, at any time without notice. You should regularly review this Policy for any changes. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy on this site. By continuing to use the site, you agree to any changes, and by providing continued access to the Site we are providing you consideration for agreement to such changes.